11.28.2008

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving I did not have the boys. I wasn't in the mood for Thanksgiving and I would have been perfectly fine staying home & having cold cereal. I knew that my family would not like that idea so I headed to Manti on Thursday morning. We looked at the ads for Friday, ate, looked at more ads for Friday, Angie & I went to her house to watch last weeks episode of Grey's Anatomy, came back to my parents & searched the internet for the items on my kids Christmas list. There wasn't anything in the ads for me to get up EARLY and go so I just waited and woke up when my body decided it was time. I headed to Wal-Mart with my friend and decided I was there so I just as well start Christmas shopping. We have fun and I was able to get most of my shopping done today. YIPEE!!!
I am so thankful for my boys and I miss them more and more when I don't have them. The holidays just aren't the same when they aren't around, even if they do fight. I am so thankful for my family for always being there when I don't have anywhere else to go and I am thankful for my friends for knowing when I need them to just call and talk.
I hope that you all had a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!

2 comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

Hey! I was on your kids end of splitting the holidays. And every holiday was fun, but it was hard being away from which ever parent was alone for that year. I'm glad you have family that is there for you. Happy Holidays.

Andria said...

Sorry you missed your boys!! But it is great news that your shopping is done!!