11.05.2008

CARVING PUMPKINS

We managed to carve pumkins this year and it was pretty fun. I had a HORRIBLE day at work so I was NOT looking forward to doing it. Thank goodness my kids keep on me when I tell them that we are going to do something. We were a little short on time so that they could go to their step sisters birthday party so we didn't do anything fancy but we did have fun. I told the boys that I should have made a frowny face pumpking because my day was so bad and Wesley said, "But you didn't mom, you made a HAPPY faced pumpkin so that means you need to be HAPPY!!!" I feel so bad sometimes when I come home from work and take my frustrations out on them. Thank goodness they can still see the BRIGHTER side of things.




























We had 1 pumkin left to carve so I did a quick "WRIGHT" in it. Wesley then informed me that he didn't know why I did that because I was not still married to his dad. Hmmmmm I tried to explain to him that even though we were divorced I still had the "WRIGHT" last name. I told him that I would rather have the same last name as them but he didn't like that answer either. I really thought when I got divorced that I wouldn't be single this long but now that I realize I will probably be single the rest of my life I may change it back to "OLSEN". Not to mention I don't want to be called "GRANDMA WRIGHT" when I am a grandma.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets hope Grandma Wright does not secretly read your blog... That is funny that Wes just caught on to you having the same last name... There boots are hilarious, good thinking... Grandma Olsen does sound better than Grandma Wright, Grandma Wright kind of sounds scary:)

M and N Tenny said...

CUTE! I love the pumpkin arrangement in the last picture of this post!