11.09.2008

ROAD RAGE UPDATE...

Well... I don't have to much information but from what I heard yesterday it could take a while. I received my citation 2 weeks ago for reckless/agressing driving. When the UHP Trooper was here giving me the ticket he kept telling me that the only reason I was getting a ticket was because this other "not so nice guy" wanted to press charges against me. The next step is to wait 5 days but no more than 14 to call the courts to get your court date. I started calling on day 5 and have called every business day since. The 1st day they didn't have any record of my citation. Starting last Monday they said, "It is pending". Pending.................WHAT??? The UHP Trooper told me that he would drop them off personally to the Prosecuting Attorney and let them know of the situation and what he thought about it. I finally was able to talk to the Prosecuting Attorney's Office on Thursday after finally getting past the clerk's desk. They said that the process is for the attorney who will be handling the case to review both statements and possibly talk to other attorney's about it and decide if charges should indeed be filed. The lady at the attorney's office said that this could take anywhere from 2-3 days to 3 months. AUGH..... do I really have to think about this for that much longer??? I really hope not!!! I explained to her what happened and she told me to call her back this week. I am hoping that she will keep me informed and that this will be resolved on my side very quickly and without having to go to court. I will post more information when I get it. :)

4 comments:

Lydia said...

How frustrating. It sounds like they are try to make is so complicated that you both drop it. I read the other post. That guy is a lunatic. That totally freaks me out. Good luck!

kardizzle said...

Well Hello Jane! So basically I don't really know what really is going on with your story! Your mom mentioned something about it, and I attempted to read your story, but it's just really really really really really really really long! ;) I'm sorry, I just do way too much reading as it is! But I still love ya! :-) And good luck with whatever police problems and car crap you got going! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey thats a good picture of you guys.... Who took it, he's not all that! Sucks that it cant just be over, but you shouldnt have to worry with his restraining order he has against you, he must be scared... What a chicken S**t!!! Good Luck.

Carli said...

That sucks! I really hate drivers like the one you are dealing with. I told Sean about it and it made him mad. I don't understand why they take so long to do something like this! Good luck!