11.18.2008

It's beginning to look alot like CHRISTMAS!!!

I have had the hardest time getting in the mood for Christmas this year. I know that Thanksgiving is still next week but I have been the type of person that LOVES Christmas and I get very excited to decorate and buy things for my kids. I love to start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween too. When I got to work after Halloween I changed the radio station because I couldn't handle it yet. Well.... tonight I had to go to Sandy for work and on my way home my gas light came on, it was on for a good 15 miles but I was trying to make it to the Maverik just off of 800 North in Orem. I usually get the cheapest gas there. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled in that gas with my card would be...


I was so excited because last week when I put gas in my car I paid $1.939 and I thought that was great!!! Every week it keeps coming down and I love it. I know it won't last long but it is so nice to not feel like we are getting ripped off. I did mention that my gas light had been on for about 15 miles so to fill up my car completely, all the way to the top was only..................


This is something that is definately getting me into the Christmas spirit, I hope it lasts past tonight. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that gas prices are down for now! I am glad that you are changing your mind about christmas. You are usually talking about in July!!!!!!!!HeHeHe
Love ya Em!

Haylee said...

Oh yeah, it's been SOOOO nice to be able to fill up the car for $30 bucks or so. That's almost a christmas present enough! :)

Sassy Lu said...

Isn't it fantastic?? I figure that I'll save at least $150 a month just on gas. I just got the Christmas bug yesterday....maybe it' just late getting around to everyone this year.

Natalie said...

haha. I totally told Elise that we needed to take a picture and document the low gas prices somewhere-I love that you did!

Unknown said...

yeah, Im pretty sure if it was still at $4.00 I would be walking to Manti. I love that it doesnt take half my pay check to fill up my cars anymore... Im not so excited about the christmas shopping this year. I think our families christmas is going to be all about family, instead of toys:)I have already informed them that Santa is broke this year because of the economy lol.

Madsen Family said...

Well said! It's amazing how much this one thing can really help our budgets!

Andria said...

Now you just put me in the CHRISTMAS mood!! Thanks for the positive blog.

Carli said...

I am so glad that the gas prices went down. It was costing me $125.00 just to fill up the tank and it cost me only $64.00 last week. I hope they stay that way for a while but for some reason i am not so sure they will!

Karole said...

It's so nice isn't it!!! I really didn't think we would ever see them drop to what they are right now...I thought the prices would stay in the $2.00 range, but I sure am glad they are below that:) Cute post!!!

Heather said...

I SERIOUSLY LOVE THAT YOU ACTUALLY TOOK THE NECESSARY TIME TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE GAS METERS FOR YOUR BLOG STORY... I HEART YOU!