8.10.2008

Grandma Wardle's 80th Birthday Party!!!

Grandma Wardle turned 80 in May but because 2 of her grandchildren were having babies in June we decided to have the party in August when everyone would already be coming to Utah for 1 of the baby blessings. My mom has 1 younger brother who lives in Washington and 1 younger sister who lives in Pennsylvania. My Uncle Lynn had all but 1 of his kids that were able to come. My Aunt Karen came by herself. All of her kids live in Georgia. Grandma's 2 sisters, Orpha Dee & Maurine were able to be there and her brother's wife Nelda. We just sat in a circle and told stories of Grandma, Springville & Mapleton.

My grandma is the BEST!!! She is such a great example to me and I feel so lucky to have lived close to her the past 12 years. She is so good to my kids and is always concerned about how they are doing and where they are at.


This is my Grandma's parents, my Great Grandpa & Grandma Bird.


Nelda Bird (sister-in-law), Bob Allen (brother-in-law), Maurine Allen (sister), Orpha Dee Johnson (sister), Grandma & Grandpa Wardle.


Mom, Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Lynn & Aunt Karen


Most of us :)




After eating some good food Fred and Ryan needed to top it off with ice cream. We decided to meet at Artic Circle and Fred bought everyone ice cream. My mom and dad got there when we were getting ready to leave. When Tyler, Sisi, Erika & Owen saw my mom walking up they all ran to her to give her a hug. We thought that this was so cute and we needed a picture so we told them that they had to replay it. Well.... they were even more excited this time and knocked her to the ground. At first I was worried she was hurt but then when she started to laugh we thought it was pretty funny that it was all for a photo shot.

No comments: