8.17.2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!!

Derek turned 10 on Aug. 13th. I cannot believe that my baby is 10. I think I took it harder on his birthday for having both of my kids in "double digit" ages than I did when Derek went to Kingergarten. :( Time goes by so fast and I know it is not going to be slowing down anytime soon. Derek got new football cleats and a new football for his birthday from his dad and I. From his grandparents and his great-grandparents he received money which always makes a kid happy.

Eric and I were going to give him his presents at lunch but right when he woke up he called me to come up. I had just arrived at work so I ran up real quick and he opened his presents. The little kids loved watching him open his presents but Wesley wasn't too excited about being woke up to watch his brother open his presents. :)

6 comments:

Suzee said...

Happy Birthday Derek! You are a great kid and it is wonderful to have you around our house more! Best wishes to you for another great year!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

That is really funny that my cousin found you! And really nice of you to help her out! Tell Derek Happy Birthday from me. I can't believe how old he is. Wow.

Nat said...

Kade just turned 10 this month too, it is crazy how fast they grow up. I am still struggling with the fact that he is in 5th grade, I don't know why but it just seems so wierd to me. I bet he loved his new football stuff. Looks like he had a great birthday.

kardizzle said...

Ok so I don't know how to really use this yet, so I'm just leaving a comment under your sons birthday thing! Ha...ok College...ugh! Well my first day sucked hard hard core! i wanted to shoot myself! really I had suicidal thoughts run through my mind all the time! Ugh! But yesterday wasn't that bad, and today was a little rough. But I hope I'll get over it!

Carli said...

It's crazy to me that you have boys that old! I am way behind in the older children dept! Happy Birthday Derek!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Derek, I hope you had a fun day....