8.10.2008

The Spring Lake Fire - Payson

On our way home from Grandma's party we noticed some huge flames on Payson Mountain. After everyone left Artic Circle and went their seperate ways I thought I would ride over to Payson to check out the amazing site. I called my friend Karlie from Payson to see what started the fire. She was on her way home from Salt Lake and told me to stick around until she got there. When she got there we were able to get pretty close to the fire because her mom is an EMT and knows all of the cops. Then her mom decided she better go get one of the ambulances in case they needed it, but I think it was really for her to get even closer to the fire. As we were up by the cops I realized I wasn't to far from my friend Melissa's house. Karlie and I walked about 2 blocks and found Clint and Melissa sitting out in front of their house just waiting it out. They had been through another fire scare about 3 years ago, it wasn't fair that they had to be on stand by again. I hit tired mode about mid-night and was shocked I was still awake so then I started taking pictures.







Thankfully nobody lost their homes!!! When I looked at my watch and it was 1:00 a.m. I decided to go home. This was more excitement than I have had in a long time.

No comments: