5.18.2008

Wesley's Hershey Track Meet

Wesley had his track meet on Thursday. He did really well and I was very proud of him. He took 2nd in his heat on the 100M and advanced to the 100M semi-finals and he took 2nd in that one too but they only advance the 1st place runners to the finals. He ran the 400M and took 4th in his heat. He took 3rd place overall in the softball throw. I was pretty impressed with how far he could throw a softball, naturally he gets that from me. :) They were moving along a lot faster than planned but because the busses were not going to be there they asked Wesley to run up and down the track to get the kids in the stands going on a wave. He had a blast!!! It was another fun day at the track and we were able to see so many kids that the boys have played with on previous teams along with their parents. I was so glad that Derek started to remind me over a month ago about it so that I was able to be there. I love being a mom and supporting my kids in all that they do. I wish that I could do more with them in their classes and after school but I know that they understand. I have 2 wonderful boys and they make me very proud!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. Nice job Wes. Your mom might have taught you to throw, but where did you get your speed from. I think that came from a higher power!:)

The Mitchell's said...

Hey, what happened to your other page... I loved it!!
I notice every time I get on you have new friends... Not me ;(
Tell Wes, nich job!

Suzee said...

Those are great pictures. I'll bet the team parents were glad that you were there with your camera. Thanks again for the pictures of Bryson.

Anonymous said...

Emily!!! I am so happy that I stumbled onto your blog!!! I have a guy in my ward from Ephraim and when I checked out his wife's blog I started noticing links of people I knew....being snoopy I checked them out and eventually ended up on yours!!! That's awesome. It was great to see you last summer. Looks like you and the boys are still doing great. I really admire how you are raising your them and dealing with all that life throws at you. You are a strong lady! Hopefully we can keep in touch. Take care!!
~Valorie (Anderson) Christensen

The Miller's said...

I love to see your blog. Your boys are getting so big. Seeing them run at the track meet brought so many memories for me. Time is going by so fast. Keep up the good work with your boys - being a single mother would be so difficult. You are doing so well. kasi