5.13.2008

Derek's Track Meet

Today the 4th graders from all of the 8 Spanish Fork Elementary Schools competed in the Hershey Track Meet. I missed last year because I didn't know that parents could go so Derek started reminding me about a month ago so I was able to take the day off. It was so much fun!!! Derek did AWESOME, I was so proud of him. He is very tired tonight and I am sure he will sleep very well. Overall he took 2nd in the 50 Meter Race, 4th in the 100 Meter Race, 4th in the softball toss and 3rd in the 4 X 100 relay. It was fun to hear Rees Elementary cheering Derek on as he ran. When I went to tell Derek's teacher that I would be taking him home she made sure I didn't take him until he was done with the finals. She was so proud of Derek and said, "This is right up Derek's alley and he is doing great!!!" I was able to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a long time as well.

7 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

What a little stud! Way to go Derek!

The Mitchell's said...

Way to go Derek!! What a great race!!!
Em-I love your new page!! Help me with mine...Please:)

Nat said...

Hey Em, it will be fun to keep up with everything through our blogs. It was fun to see you twice in the past week!

Unknown said...

Cute Blog! Nice job Deggy, your a Super Star.....

Amy and Dave B. said...

What's this? An athlete in the Olsen/Wright family? Couldn't be! Your boys are so cute and I couldn't believe how much Angie's little boy looks like Derek.

SevereTown said...

Hi Emily,

I'm not sure how I got to your blog...I clicked a link from mine. Anyway. I can't believe you're a blogger. I never would have thought it. Your family is looking good. And I'm sure your boys get all their skills from you!!

Brooke Severe