6.19.2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!

We recently celebrated my Grandpa Olsen's 82nd birthday. Wesley and Derek had 2 baseball games and Dee's wife Tami was in Salt Lake but everyone else was able to make it. It was a great tribute to my grandpa and what he has done for all of us.


My brother Ryan was in charge so naturally it was going to be funny. Brenda has so much talent in writing music and coming up with words. Ryan sang a solo for my grandpa to the tune of
"I Love to See The Temple"


I love to paint the Temple
I paint it every day
There's paintings on my walls and
I've given some away

I've walked the hill of the Temple
General Mormon I have played
A big knife I did carry
Turkey dinners I have made

I love to see the Temple
I work inside some days
If you forget your recommend
I'll turn you right away

(Chorus)
So you see - my dear progenitors
Listen up while we're together
Its and awesome place to spend your time
Where families are forever

For those of you who don't know my grandpa he is an incredible artist. He played General Mormon in the pageant for 30+ years. The pageant just isn't the same to me without my grandpa on the hill.

All of the grandkids were asked to get up and tell some of their most memorable story or stories about grandpa. There were so many stories and so many more that could have been shared. We could have been there all day.

I feel very lucky to have all of my grandparents still with me. I love them so much and am greatful for all that they have done for me in my life.

2 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

It sounds like you all had a great time!! I am the same as you. Without your grandpa in the pageant, well, it just doesn't seem right.

Sassy Lu said...

He is such a great man! There will never be another General Mormon like him. I remember being a little pioneer child and sitting behind the screen marveling at that HUGE knife. He's a big man with a big heart!