6.24.2008

Good Bye Castle Rock, Hello ReMax Results

As many of you know the mortgage industry has been pretty bad lately. Last August I was working for Aegis Wholesale and had 24 hour notice that they were shutting down. A few weeks ago I started to get similar signs of when Aegis imploded and I thought there is no way I could go through that again. I thought I would start by getting my resume out around Spanish Fork and see what would happen. Well, that was just a thought because I was sitting at work and I received a call from an old friend who had referred me to a Real Estate Company back in February but the timing wasn't right for me to take a pay cut. She told me that they were going to be calling me again for their Spanish Fork office. I was pretty excited and knew that this was the right time to take a pay cut and get a job closer to home and hopefully a little more stable. I was informed 2 weeks ago of 3 employees that were going to be layed off last week and I knew that I was going to be next because there wasn't very many of us left. I accepted the job on Thursday and as I told my supervisor she said, "I am so happy". I said, "You are happy that I am leaving?" she said, "No, I am so happy you found a job because I was being told that I had to lay you off tomorrow" I went through some different emotions but in the end I was ok leaving. I start my new job tomorrow as an Office Manager for ReMax Results and I am really excited about it. I know it's still in the real estate industry but I have some pretty good agents in my office that are still going strong. I am excited to be out of the mortgage industry and to be moving onto something new. I have done this type of work before and it is something that I really enjoy. I hate change and I hate starting a new job but in the end I think it will be for the best for me and my family.

5 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

Congrats on the new job!! Hope all works out

Nat said...

Hooray for you! I am so glad that things worked out for you and you were able to start a new job close to home too! That's the best part. I hope you enjoy it. The boys did awesome in the track meet! Your boys are going to go so far in every sport related thing they do!! And I know that you just LOVE to watch every minute of it.

Sassy Lu said...

Good luck with the new job. You must be doing something right because you have someone watching out for you. You will do a great job I'm sure. I'll send up a couple of prayers for an easy transition for you!

Heather said...

Yippeee!!!! Happy new job to you! I hope you like it and the people are almost as cool as the staff at the Castle!

Carli said...

Em, I am glad you are back out of the mortgage business. It is so hard right now. You will do awesome over at ReMax. I am also glad that you will be able to be closer to your kids. Yeah!