9.07.2008

FINALLY FOOTBALL IS HERE!!!

Football is definately one of my most favorite times of the year. The boys didn't play football last year because of baseball but I couldn't stand them missing another year. Their first game was a little discouraging because the boys had to sit out alot because they missed a couple of practices. They had to miss football for baseball but since we have spent more money for baseball we made them go. It was hard to watch because they love football so much. Their 2nd game was yesterday and it made up for the week before. They ended up losing by 1 because their coach decided to go for the win instead of the tie. The boys did really well, Wesley is the quarterback and Derek plays wherever his coach puts him. Wesley had a touchdown and Derek returned a kickoff for a touchdown and then ran the ball in for the extra points. I am so excited to start having consistant games now on Wed & Sat, I love watching them play!!!


This is Derek running a kickoff back for a touchdown. He is so fun to watch when he gets running. Once he slides through a few kids and knows he is in the open he runs so fast. He and Wesley always follow up a good touchdown by either one with a nice chest bump. One of these days I hope to catch it on camara.


3 comments:

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

I always knew they were going to be quite the sport guys! They are so tough. That was one thing I used to get so excited for was watching them play when they got older but at least now I can be updated by your blog! :) Hope everything is going good for you!

Nat said...

Em you stay so busy with those boys!! I bet it is a nice change though to be doing football now. I have hated not having the internet lately, I never get to check peoples blogs very often. Looks like you guys are doing good and staying busy like always!

OlsenUpdate said...

I caved and signed Spence up for Flag football. I couldn't handle the time commitment or the intensity of regular...so flag should be fun! You'll have to let us know of your boys schedule. Maybe we can come watch a game!