9.18.2008

EXERCISE???

My dear sweet sister-in-law Michelle and I are having to answer to each other every morning at 6:45 am. I know that this is not too early but neither one of us are morning people. We keep saying it would be so awesome if we lived closer so we could walk together because it's easier when you have someone to answer to. Well naturally we thought that our cell phones could work just as good. She is not on Verizon so after the first morning I was a little concerned about using up all of my minutes by talking to her while walking. So she was talking to her mom and found out that she had verizon and would stop by and pick up her phone every morning. This has been fun to do. I am sure we look like idiots walking down the road in the morning on our cell phones but it makes it so much easier. Derek & Wesley joined me in my walk this morning and Spencer joined Michelle. When Michelle called me I told her that I had two side kicks and she started to laugh and said that Spencer had joined her too. So we hung up and walked with our boys. My boys were so funny, they kept saying, mom I thought you said that you were a slow walker as they were 10 feet behind me. Little do they know I just have longer legs. :) I kept looking back at them and this is what I found.

They were pretty fun to walk with and it made the time go by pretty fast too. Tomorrow Derek wants to ride bikes but I told him that my legs have to heal before I will allow my butt to hurt from sitting on a bike seat. Man it really stinks to get old and out of shape.

10 comments:

M and N Tenny said...

Way to go Emily! Maybe I'll try some sort of early morning fitness routine...you've inspired me ;)

OlsenUpdate said...

WE GO!!! Or at least we try! Thanks for walking with me!

Unknown said...

Wow you guys are amazing. I hate mornings, and I would come up with every excuse possible not to go. I wish we all lived closer together, then you could get your weight lifting in as well trying to pull me out of bed to go with you.

Elise said...

way to go with your exericise! I'm proud of you! It does make a huge difference when you have someone to go with so i'm glad you got that figured out :). Anyway, looks like you rugys are doing great! I wish i could go down to some Manti games, i love those games....Love yoU!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Good for you! I don't know why it is so hard to do it... especially without a walking buddy! But it does always feel great afterwards!
You can call me if Michelle isn't available! ha! That is when I start, too. (6 am)pacific time and I have Verizon!
Moriya

Heather said...

That is an awesome story! Good job on the early morning walk.

Carli said...

Poor kids! I bet they were freezing. I wish i could get up that early but there is no way i will get the kids up to go with me. Preston is not a morning person and Reece still does not sleep well at night. I so badly would love to join you because i really need to loose some weight!!!

Anna said...

i'm not a morning person either, so i really admire you for that! and what a great idea to have michelle to answer to! good job - keep it up!

Anna said...

sigh... i sure miss football season in manti - there's just nothing like it. monticello footbal just isn't cutting it for me!!!

Nat said...

I love the pictures of the boys. What troopers, I don't think Kade would have done that with me. That's great that you are motivated to get up and go though!